Monday, January 17, 2011

Sharing The Love

Aside from my husband & children, I have a few interests that are a very big part of my life.

One is anything Gwen Stefani/No Doubt & Gwen's fashion line L.A.M.B related. Yes, I consider No Doubt & Gwen a big part of my life. Don't laugh at me. Being interested in those things lead me to a site with some community message boards and I ended up meeting some very good friends through them. Friends that I think will be my friends for life. They "get" me & my crazy Gwen love. Some of us have met in person for Christmas gatherings all decked out in our LAMB fashion line attire. We went to the local No Doubt shows together when they toured last. And now, we have memories that will last a lifetime together that came from one common interest.

The next would be Weight Loss Surgery. WLS has been a very big part of my life for the last three and a half years. I have met a ton of WLS peeps both in real life and online that I now consider my friends. It's kind of like a big family. We may have different interests, be different generations, and if it weren't for the fact that we both had WLS we might never be friends, but the fact that we had WLS connects us. I "get" something about you and you "get" something about me that someone who has not had WLS just doesn't "get".

Having WLS is very important part of my life and who I am now. It was a life changing event for me. I try to keep it something that is a part of my daily life and in doing so I created a page for Weight Loss Surgery on Facebook. This page has connected me with some amazing people. One in particular recently sent me a questionnaire to complete for her blog. She's a very cool girl & I am hoping to meet her in real life soon! Check out her blog and read the interview below.

http://lolorashel.blogspot.com/2011/01/heres-to-new-friends.html

Stay connected. Don't forget where you came from. Pay it forward. xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said Jess! I am so glad that our tool has brought us together!! Love you girl and am so glad to call you friend! You are awesome and thank for all you do!