Sunday, May 30, 2010

Obesity Help Convention - Costa Mesa, CA

It's been a week since the OH convention down in SoCal. I had a lot of fun. I met a few new people and got closer to friends.

Gina and I got down there on Thursday afternoon. I met up with a friend that evening that I was so excited to see! Christopher had gifts waiting for me - a gorgeous Tarina Tarantino necklace that I wore almost all weekend, and a Harvey's clutch. Those bags are so rad. I am going to have to order another from him. We shopped on Melrose and went to The Grove for dinner. It was so very LA. Here's a pic of my Christopher and I at Harvey's on Melrose.



Friday before we checked into the hotel we went to Venice Beach. I'd never been there before. It was fun and beautiful. We shopped a little and went out onto the beach.


LA Traffic is bananas. It took us forever to get to Orange County... long drive.

Saturday we were up bright and early to get ready for the conference. There were three speakers I really enjoyed hearing. Dr. Davis from the show Big Medicine gave a talk on nutrition. He wants us all to watch the movie Food Inc. and as much as I don't want to, I know I have to. I really want to start eating more natural - less processed or packaged foods. I'm even thinking about going vegetarian after listening to him talk. So of course I bought his book, got it autographed and had my picture taken with him. I'll share:


Next I listened to Dan Benintendi. He is an amzing man. He had surgery a little less than a month before I did. He's run COUNTLESS miles since surgery. He's done Ironman. He even did some crazy 100 mile run. Now that was freakin' inspiring. I bitch about going to the gym for an hour a few days a week and this guy just doesn't stop! But what really pulled at my heart strings was the way he talked about his wife. He and his wife have been together since the age of 16, so as someone who is also with my teen love I understood the love he was talking about. I was so touched I had to go up to him after his talk and tell him how awesome and inspiring he is, and that I teared up when he talked about his wife's love and support. Check out his website! http://www.trimywill.com

The third speaker I really enjoyed was Dr. Mary Jo Rapini - How to get your mojo back after weight loss surgery! Ummmm, ya. She was fun. I enjoyed her talk. She promotes "self love" peeps, so get to it!

That night there was a dance and they had a photobooth there. Gina and I had fun in there! So much fun we had to do it twice!



Here's a pic of Suzanne and I. We got to know eachother over the weekend and she is a lot of fun!



I'm so glad I went! I was hoping to be inspired and I really was. It is so important to me to stay involved and connected with the weight loss surgery community. I think it keeps me in check and on track. I want to live a long time and be healthy. I am grateful everyday for what this surgery has given me.

No comments: